What is a Circle of Support?
A Circle is a group of people who meet together to help a person who needs support to think about what they want to happen in their life.
Who would be invited to join a Circle?
- know the person well
- the person trusts
- are willing to give their time and support to the person
- are the kind of people invited to join someone’s Circle
What does a Circle do?
A Circle helps the person get support to think about what’s happening in their life:
- What’s working
- What’s not working
- What needs to change
The Circle is there to support the person and help them to make the changes happen.
What makes a Circle work well?
These things are important to make the Circle work:
- The people who are chosen as Circle members are people who want to be there
- The Circle meets regularly
- A skilled circle facilitator